Box Fox Privacy Notice
LAST UPDATED: 6/18/21
BOXFOX takes privacy seriously and is committed to being transparent about how we process personal information. This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) explains the type of information we collect from you when you use our website or our services and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, and sharing that information.
We may change provisions of this Notice from time to time and will indicate when changes have been made by revising the date at the top of this Notice. We encourage you to review the Notice whenever you access our website or use our services to make sure that you understand our practices. If we make material changes to this Notice, we will provide you with additional notice.
It’s important that you read the following carefully to understand our practices. Please also review the Terms of Service. If you have any questions or unresolved privacy concerns, please contact us at [PRIVACY@SHOPBOXFOX.com].
- Children Under the Age of 13.
Our website and services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we receive personal information that we discover was provided by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly destroy such information. Parents are encouraged supervise their children's online activities and consider the use of other means to provide a child-friendly online environment. Additional information is available on the Direct Marketing Association's home page at http://www.the-dma.org. If you would like to learn more about COPPA, visit the Federal Trade Commission home page at http://www.ftc.gov.
- Information We Collect.
We collect information from and about you when you use our website and services. In most cases, it is obvious that we are collecting information from you because we ask you for it. However, in some circumstances we collect information about you (or the device you are using) automatically without it being obvious. Sometimes we collect information from other parties about you and connect it with the information we already have about you.
Information You Provide To Us.
The information we collect directly from you may include:
- Creating and Account: We collect your first and last name, email address, and a password when you create an account.
- Order Information: We collect your shipping addresses and phone number if you make a purchase so that we can send your box.
- Order History: We keep track of the purchases you make. the amount you spend, and the products you are interested in.
- Fox Fleet Rewards: If you join the Fox Fleet rewards program, we keep track of your points, redemption history, rewards balance and history. You may also choose to provide your birthday (excluding birth year) so that we can wish you a happy birthday.
- Shopping Preferences: We may collect your shopping preferences including the types of boxes you buy, the occasions for purchase, and the types of recipients. We associate this information with your account to provide you relevant information and products.
- Referrals: If you provide referrals to us, we collect the email addresses of those referrals and the status of that referral.
- Your Searches on our website: If you enter a search term on our website, that term may be associated with your account or another identifier.
- Promotions: We collect your email address if you provide it do us in connection with discount and/or promotional offerings.
- Your Communications with Us: If you contact us via email at any of our BoxFox email addresses (using the ShopBoxFox.com domain) or write to use at our physical mailing address, we may collect and retain any personal information you provide in that email and associate it with your account or another identifier.
- Hiring: If you submit an application to work for us, we will collect personal information about you associated with your application. We will use it to evaluate your application.
- Payment Information: If you purchase a product, we receive information from third-party payment processors, but we do not collect or store payment card information unless you authorize us to.
Information We Collect Automatically.
Our servers automatically collect usage information about your use of our website, including the webpages visited, number of log-ins, data displayed or clicked on, actions taken, your language preference, and other usage information.
- We collect information from the device and application you use to access our Services. Device data mainly means your IP address, operating system version, device type, device ID/MAC address, system and performance information, and browser type. If you are on a mobile device we also collect the UUID for that device.
- We use first party and third party cookies and tracking services that employ cookies and page tags (also known as web beacons) to collect usage information.
- We keep log files that contain data about the nature of your access to our servers, including originating IP addresses, internet service providers, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system versions, device type and timestamps.
- We may collect information from unaffiliated third parties so that we can better understand you and provide you with information, products and offers that may interest you.
Information We Get From Others.
We sometimes collect personal information from third parties who help us with our business and commercial needs. This may include the following:
- From other customers: Our customers may provide your personal information as part of buying our products or using our services. For example, we may collect your personal information if another customer has send you a box or if they include your email as a referral.
- Service Providers and Suppliers: We may receive Contact Information or other personal information from our vendors or agents working on our behalf for the purposes described in this Notice.
- Business Partners: We receive personal information from other companies with which we work together to offer services to our customers, or to reach potential customers with our marketing messages. This includes our advertising and analytics providers and our partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities.
- Social Media Platforms: If you connect with us or one of our representatives on social media, we may collect your personal information that is publicly available or that you have made publicly available and any information the platform makes available.
- Legal Authority: Including law enforcement agencies, courts, regulatory agencies, and data protection authorities.
- Parties to Corporate Transactions: We may receive personal information as part of a corporate transaction or proceeding such as a merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, or at transfer, divestiture, or sale of all or a portion of business or assets.
- How We Use Your Information.
We may use the personal information collected through our Services to:
- Operate and improve our Services;
- Send you advertising or promotional materials;
- Provide and deliver the Services you request, process transactions, and send you related information;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide you with requested customer support;
- Monitor and evaluate trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Secure our systems, prevent fraud, and help us to protect the security of your account;
- Prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities and to enforce our terms and policies;
- Personalize and improve the Services, and provide content, communications, or features that match users interests; and
- Link or combine with other information we obtain from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
- How We Protect Your Information.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Any payment transactions will be encrypted and all payment data is stored by our payment processors and is never stored on our servers.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Your password for access to certain parts of our website is confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. The transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Some cookies enable us to optimize your shopping experience. For example,
- AfterPay, a payment processor, may place cookies or other technologies to provide is services. You can learn more about AfterPay’s privacy practices here.
- Pinterest sets cookies that ensures you can share our website pages via Pinterest using the “share” button.
- Facebook cookies and pixels are set to help of serve advertisements and other relevant product information on their Platforms.
- FriendBuy, our referral marketing service provider, sets cookies to allow our customers to share information about products and services with friends. You can learn more about FriendBuy’s privacy practices here.
You can use your web browser to directly block all cookies, or just third-party cookies, through your browser settings. Using your browser settings to block all cookies, including strictly necessary ones, may interfere with proper site operation. Guidance on how to control cookies in popular browsers is contained here:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- MacOS Safari
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Adobe (Flash Cookies)
You can opt out of interest-based targeting provided by participating ad servers through the following:
- Network Advertising Initiative
- Digital Advertising Alliance
- Google allows users to opt out of tracking by Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting services. You can adjust your setting here, or download the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
- Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising and participate in the opt-out programs established by the Digital Advertising Alliance, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance. You can opt out from all participating companies through these sites.
To opt-out of receiving interest-based ads that are based on your behavior across different mobile applications, please follow instructions for iOS and Android devices. For iOS 7 or Higher: Go to your Settings > Select Privacy > Select Advertising > Enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting. For Android devices with OS 2.2 or higher and Google Play Services version 4.0 or higher: Open your Google Settings app > Select Ads > Enable “Opt out of interest-based advertising”.
- Information Shared With Third Parties.
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights. In connection with any reorganization, restructuring, merger, or sale, or other transfer of assets, we will transfer information, including personal information, provided that the receiving party agrees to respect your privacy in a manner that is consistent with our Notice.
- Links to Other Sites.
- Additional Rights.
Some states’ residents have additional rights provided by law. For example, California residents have additional rights regarding their data under the California Consumer Privacy Act. BOXFOX is not subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Nevertheless, we seek to provide transparency about our privacy practices and allow you to exercise choices about how your persona information is processed by Us. If you have any questions about your personal information, please contact us at [HELLO@SHOPBOXFOX.COM].
- Do Not Track Disclosure.
Regulatory agencies such as the U.S. Federal Trade Commission have promoted the concept of Do Not Track as a mechanism to permit Internet users to control online tracking activity across websites through their browser settings. Since no industry standard has been adopted, we currently do not process or comply with any web browser’s “do-not-track” signal or other similar mechanism that indicates a request to disable online tracking of individual users who visit the our website.
- Contact Us.
We welcome your questions, comments, and requests regarding our Privacy Notice and should be addressed to [HELLO@SHOPBOXFOX.COM].