BOXFOX - Hawthorne, CA 90250
Schedule: Full-Time Position at BOXFOX
Department: Inventory | Operations
Updated: March 2023
ABOUT BOXFOX: BOXFOX is a gift box company based in Los Angeles. We help create stronger relationships through elevated and personal gifts ranging from birthdays to corporate conferences. We are a female-founded start-up celebrating six years of tremendous growth. We pride ourselves on the exciting, inclusive, and fast-paced culture we’ve created.
ABOUT POSITION: The Inventory Coordinator is a pivotal member of our Operations Team. They manage the receiving of all inventory, including products and basic supplies, and work to ensure that deliveries are received, designated, and distributed to the appropriate department in the warehouse. This position is responsible to perform inventory control functions, as well as coordinating physical and system inventory transactions. This person is can handle a physically demanding workload, has proficient counting skills, and is comfortable with computers and spreadsheets.
• Ensure the timely receipt and distribution of all deliveries, including packages, freight, and pallet transfers, with support of the Inventory Control Assistant(s).
• Perform inventory counts for all deliveries to check for damages, mishipments, and discrepancies.
• Works in compliance wit the company’s digital inventory system.
• Communicate with teams internally to review and resolve any inventory count discrepancies.
• Assign and create staging areas for larger inbound or outbound shipments.
• Coordinate shipments and deliveries with 3PL, as directed by the Director of Operations.
Backstock & Restocking:
• Maintain an organized, easy to navigate, back stock area of surplus product.
• Manage, participate, and delegate restocking responsibilities to Inventory Assistant(s) and supporting team
members, to enable seamless and organized product picking.
• Perform and update inventory counts for all basic supplies, twice weekly.
• Conduct daily spot checks of all warehouse inventory.
• Provide accurate inventory reports to Director of Operations and immediately communicate any
• Ensure that inventory and supplies are clearly and legibly labeled.
• Maintain pristine appearance, organization, and safety of the warehouse.
• Support and enable fulfillment with the distribution and or removal of supplies throughout the warehouse.
• Organize and assist directly in quarterly and end of year inventory counts.
• Safely shrink-wrap pallets and assist in the movement and handling of materials.
• This job pays in a range of $17 - $22 per hour, with a final pay determined by experience and fit for role.
• Must have a basic understanding of inventory control procedures and math skills.
• Ability to push, pull, lift up to 51 pounds and perform other flexible movements regularly and routinely.
• Comfortable using a pallet jack, preferably forklift certified.
• Must be extremely organized, detail-oriented, analytical, and self-motivated.
• Must have a strong work ethic, excellent oral, verbal and written communication skills.
• Basic understanding of Microsoft Excel and Google Drive.
• Shopify experience a plus but not required.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Able to work within a team environment as well as independently.
• Proven warehouse experience required.
• Fluent in English.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution.