This week, our Co-founders, Chelsea, Jenni, and Sabena sat down with the ladies of USC's Lean In, where they spoke about their journey of how they came together, built BOXFOX from the ground up, shared pieces of advice for each of the college students, and most importantly, their unconventional approach to running this business.
The three co-founders each shared a piece of advice for the college students when it comes to entrepreneurship //
1. Stay aware and passionate about the things you care about, because you never know where your curiosity will lead you
2. Entrepreneurs don't have superpowers, as long as you utilize your network and resources properly, you can bring your vision to life
3. The most important thing is momentum when building a business, it doesn't have to happen overnight
When it comes to their unconventional approach to business, our co-founders touched on the following //
1. Working with friends can actually be really beneficial -- as long as you each know your strengths and weaknesses, keep the lines of communication open, and realize that business is business
2. Raising VC money depends on what kind of business you are looking to build and how quickly you want to grow. If you are looking to be accountable only to yourselves and grow at a more steady pace, boostrapping (like BOXFOX) might be the way to go!
3. You don't have to have experience in the industry you're building a business in. Ask the right questions and connect with the right people.
For more information about our co-founders, their journey, and to meet our team, check out our team page here, and get to gifting!