Calling all Angelenos- Love reading our weekly FOX TALE, hitting that double tap on Instagram or working in a highly motived, lady boss environment? You're in luck & we are too :) BOXFOX is hiring! BOXFOX is looking for a sales development representative to join our growing El Segundo - based team! Each day will be a new adventure and chance to learn - It’s never boring, we promise.
We’re looking for a top-notch sales rep to help us grow our corporate client base and truly affect the bottom line of our small, thriving company. The Sales Development Representative role is a junior sales position that will give you the opportunity to expand and implement your sales knowledge and learn a ton about working in a fast-paced, startup culture where no two days are the same. There are endless opportunities for growth with a young, fun team based in El Segundo, just a short drive from Manhattan Beach.
You’ll need to have a passion for what we do—elevated gifts for all occasions—and a passion for spreading our services to potential companies looking for beautiful gifts for a variety of reasons. You’ll also be excited to roll up your sleeves and wear a ton of hats, creating opportunities for yourself and learning as you go.
About Us //
We started BOXFOX in Los Angeles in 2014 to keep friends and family connected through substantial and effortless gifting. With BOXFOX, gifters can send a perfectly curated gift box with the click of a button—never losing the value of a personal touch.
Our mission is to create stronger relationships through beautiful and personal gifts, enabled by simple user experiences, driven by premier service, and grounded by a commitment to authenticity.
Whether you’d like to send a thoughtful prepacked BOXFOX with hand-picked offerings from our team, create your own using our BUILD A BOXFOX platform, or work with us to design a gifting suite for a wedding or special event, we’re committed to bringing you the perfect gifts for all occasions.
The Role //
• You love research: prospect potential clients through Internet research, social media, and cold calling
• You’re great on the phone and over email, crafting easy-to-read, compelling emails
• You’re goal oriented: you will use email automation software to send ~200 emails per day, make ~70 phone calls (15 conversations) per day, and will hit or exceed your monthly meeting set quota
• You are happy to provide support for potential clients in the form of taking meetings, sending samples, etc.
• Your open to the changing nature of working at a startup!
About You //
• You enjoy every part of sales — meeting with people, chatting up a storm, and, of course, closing the deal.
• You’re a self-starter — you don’t need a ton of direction and can find leads on your own. We’re there to answer questions and train you, but you’ll be in charge of your success.
• You handle rejection well (a necessary part of sales) and determine what you could do differently the next time around.
• You’re organized. You will come to the table with your own systems and ways of working that are well thought-out and help track your progress.
• You’re positive and excited to come to work every day! We truly believe that attitude is everything.
• Understanding of MS Office/Apple product suite and Google docs; experience with CRM software a plus!
• Preferably 1-2 years of professional experience (marketing, sales, business development) and B.A. required
• Competitive base salary with generous commission structure, with potential for raise/promotion within first year
• Freedom to envision and define your own career with leadership who wants to see you succeed and a company with no tolerance for egos
• Great medical, dental, and vision benefits
• A generous vacation policy - we believe in work-life balance
• A dog-friendly office and a fun team (who loves to celebrate everything!)
• Beautiful gifts for everyone on your list, all year round!
To apply, please email your resume (PDF, please) and a bit about yourself/why you’d be a fit (or a cover letter) to hello@shopBOXFOX.com.