We might not be Reese Witherspoon, Oprah, or the Obama's but we've got one hell of a reading list for you & yours!
Meet Kayla! Not only is she our amazing fulfillment manager, but she is an expert on all things reading. She's kinda a big deal around here and not to brag, but Kayla is on a mission to read 100 books this year (yes, you read that right... ONE HUNDRED BOOKS).
Since we're just over that halfway mark and she's read 60 books, we wanted to share her top picks for you & your fellow bookworms.
Browse a few of her favorites on BOXFOX and add a copy to complete the perfect Build a BOXFOX or bundle few for yourself on the Marketplace, today!
5 Books you can get at BOXFOX now:
- Malibu Rising - this is the quintessential beach read of the summer and while it probably won’t change your life, it will definitely keep you occupied as you work on your summer tan. It has everything from Hollywood drama to close family relationships, with a bit of love, loss and hope sprinkled in the mix
- Like Streams to the Ocean - one of my absolute favorite books that I’ve read this year (so thankful that a friend recommended it to me!) and this one WILL change your life. I loved Jenkins’ outlook on life, the stories he told throughout and the overall way this book made me feel. I recommend this book to literally everyone and anyone looking to spark joy and reinvigorate their outlook on life
- The Vanishing Half - i actually read this book last year but the story line is so interesting and different than the books I normally read that it’s stayed with me ever since. The story follows identical twin girls who grow up in the south and ultimately end up living separate and drastically different lives. There’s an emphasis on race and the juxtaposition of class as we see these two lives unfold in separation, only to be brought together again through the next generation.
- Let My People Go Surfing - another book that I haven’t read yet but that comes HIGHLY recommended from friends and coworkers alike. I personally love to sprinkle in nonfiction/business/self help/personal finance (don’t get me started) in my reading endeavors. Written by the founder of Patagonia, this book explores how CHOUINARD combined his love for the outdoors with his drive and determination to become one of the most respected (and environmentally conscious!) companies in the business. This book is for anyone interested in business or outdoor adventure!
Top ten reads so far (in no particular order):
1. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
2. The Truths We Hold by Kamala Harris
3. Atomic Habits by James Clear
4. Maybe You Should Talk To Someone by Lori Gottlieb
5. The Defining Decade by Meg Jay PhD
6. I Will Teach You To be Rich by Ramit Sethi
7. Like Streams to the Ocean by Jedidiah Jenkins
8. The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
9. The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks (sorry not sorry)
10. Normal People by Sally Rooney
Reads she’s looking forward to:
1. Cultish by Amanda Montell
2. Nine Perfect Strangers by Laine Moriarty
3. The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah
4. The Guest List by Lucy Foley
5. Transcendent Kingdom by Yaa Gyasi
6. The invisible Life of Addie La Rue by V.E. Schwab
7. The Last Thing He Told Me by Laura Dave
8. The Office of Historical Corrections by Danielle Evans
9. Talking to Strangers by Malcolm Gladwell
10. The Alice Network by Kate Quinn + approximately 158 more (not kidding) :)