BOXFOX was created with the busy professional in mind, and now that we're all heading back to the office to buckle down, post-Summer vacation, we thought we’d share a few of our favorite hacks for enhancing productivity and injecting a little freshness into your workspace this Fall. We’re a gifting company so of course we’ve got complimentary gifting suggestions that are perfect for whatever the busy season calls for, whether it’s bright-eyed Fall interns, your stellar team, a few star vendors or even a little self love (we aren’t judging!).
1. Keep hydrated. Did you know staying hydrated increases productivity? If you’re dehydrated, your brain consistently sends the message of thirst to your body, so satisfying that feeling frees your brain’s attentional resources and improves your ability to function, think, and perform better. So grab one of our water vessels of choice to keep on your desk, like a colorful BKR!
2. Listen to music. Take time to create a handful of work-friendly playlists on Spotify. In our office, Sonika jams out to Mozart, Beethoven, and Bach, while Grace and Vivian prefer the steady rhythm of a Drake verse. Research shows music listeners complete their tasks quicker and have better ideas!
3. Take breaks with healthy snack rewards and quick desk exercises! Might we suggest our renowned Art of Carmel popcorn or Dardiman’s dried fruit for a quick pick blood sugar pick me up that’ll nourish and hold you over until dinner.
4. Find your most productive hours, especially if they’re task-related. Are you more creative after lunch? Do you like answering e-mails first thing to set the tone for your day? Find what works best for you and designate your schedule accordingly. We love our planners by Appointed and Ban.do for keeping track of the important stuff or getting creative.
5. Set time to reflect, journal, and meditate. Whether it’s at the beginning or end of the day, it can help you learn from a bad day or recognize what you did right on a good one! Our favs? The 5 Minute Journal or anything from Rifle Paper Co.’s collection, with fun Le Pens of course.
6. Meal prep! Not only will you save thousands of dollars a year (hello, saving for a trip to Bali!), you’ll save time too. Get inspired by some of our favorite cookbooks, like Love and Lemons!