If you’re an aspiring female entrepreneur, a woman in the workplace, or interested in breaking into the corporate world, this one’s for you. Our co-founders have been in your shoes, from their early beginnings as three college students hoping to join corporate America after graduation, to turning their dreams into a reality and starting what would later become BOXFOX.
Now, at 4.5 years into their journey as Female Entrepreneurs, they’re sharing with all of you 5 life lessons they’ve learned about being women in business along the way. //
1. Don’t take no for an answer. A lot of people who have “done this before” will try to tell you why your idea won’t work or why they can’t help you. Find another way.
2. Use your female intuition. It’s a gift to be able to understand the needs and wants of women, as a women, especially when you’re creating a women-focused company. Trust it and appreciate it.
3. Be aware of the competition, but pave your own path. Those who are too focused on what others are doing don’t have time to do things themselves.
4. Be a mentor — the more you give, the more you get (it all comes back around).
5. Your "emotions" aren't a bad thing. Just ask Nike.