We just finished Amy Poehler’s “Yes Please” and we’re so sad it’s over.
It’s the kind of book every girl should read—it’s hilarious, smart, and cheeky, but,
most importantly, imparts some seriously amazing nuggets of knowledge
courtesy of Ms. Poehler.
We rounded up our favorites to bring you a little sunshine this humpday
1. "If you can surf your life rather than plant your feet, you will be happier."
2. "I believe great people do things before they are ready."
3. "Treat your career like a bad boyfriend. It likes it when you don’t depend on it. It will chase you if you act like other things (passion, friendship, family, longevity) are more important to you.”
4. "Decide what your currency is early. Let go of what you will never have. People
who do this are happier and sexier."
5. "Going from crying to laughing that fast and hard happens maybe five times in
your life and that extreme right turn is the reason why we are alive, and I believe it extends our life by many years."
6. "Good for her! Not for me. That is the motto women should constantly repeat over and over again."
7. "I find that, in general, the amount of sharing men do with each other in one year
is about the same as what I share with my female friends while we wait for our cars at the valet."
8. "I woke up apologizing for my snoring and he pulled out the two earplugs he had worn to bed so that he could hear what I was saying. It was one of the most romantic gestures I have ever seen."
9. "I like when (my sons) say “Yes please” because most people are rude and nice manners are the secret keys to the universe.”